In this article, we will review the best fastpitch softball gloves of 2022. If you want to be a great defensive player, then you need the very best glove for your position. This requires reading fastpitch softball gloves reviews and guides to gain a fuller understanding of what to look for in a glove.
With all of the brands, styles and other factors to consider when shopping for the best fastpitch softball gloves, we thought it necessary to breakdown some of the top gloves and discuss their pros, cons and what position each glove is best for.
We always try and include a range of products to cover different player needs. We pay particular attention to prices and try and showcase options at all levels of play and across the pricing spectrum. It’s practically guaranteed that you’ll find a glove suitable to your needs in our list.
These are the best fastpitch softball gloves to buy in 2022:
1. Shoeless Jane 1175FPHW 11.75″
The best infield fastpitch softball glove
Shoeless Jane fastpitch softball gloves may look vintage, but they are anything but. They perform just like any of the other top-rated fastpitch softball gloves, maybe even better.
What’s nice about these gloves is the variety they offer. There are a few different sizes and webbing options to choose from. For example, the 11.75-inch, H-web Shoeless Jane glove would be ideal for a third base infielder. A larger size, however, would be great in the outfield.
The versatility of the Shoeless Jane series is mirrored by their unique qualities and structure. Every glove is made individually by hand, which creates a truly distinct product every time. No two Shoeless Jane gloves are exactly the same. These gloves adjust with a velcro wrist strap to accommodate a range of different hand sizes.
New to the Shoeless Jane 1175FPHW is XRD Extreme Impact Protection Technology to absorb the impact of a hard hit ball and eliminate sting on the palm and fingers.
- Lots of versatility and models for all different webbing preferences and positions.
- Hand cut and crafted to ensure top-notch quality and performance.
- Some glove styles may be too small for 12-inch softballs.
- Velcro wrist strap can wear out easier than more traditional straps.
The Shoeless Jane fastpitch softball glove gives players a lot of options to choose from. And, their vintage look and feel is just an added bonus that buyers seem to adore.
2. Shoeless Jane 1300FPFB 13″
The best first base mitt
Recap what we’ve already discussed about the qualities that make Shoeless Joe/Jane gloves an incredible buy, these gloves stand out because they are made to look and feel like a glove used in baseball’s golden era. And, every glove is hand cut, sewn and constructed, which guarantees a unique fit each time.
According to fastpitch first base mitt reviews, this glove measures 13 inches and has an H-web. This is a great webbing style for first base because it offers good visibility and a strong glove structure to rein in those fast throws to first or a screaming drive down the line. These gloves have a velcro wrist strap and their fit is designed for the hands of female players.
The new XRD Extreme Impact Protection Technology will protect your hands from hard throws and even harder hits. No more palm sting!
- The awesome Shoeless Joe look, feel and performance that players have come to love.
- Strong glove structure for stellar, long-lasting performance.
- Gloves are designed for female players, male fastpitch players may need to look for a glove with a bigger hand opening.
- Mitt-style glove isn’t usable at other positions.
If you want the best fastpitch first base mitt that also looks and feels incredible, then there is no better option than the Shoeless Jane 13-inch first base mitt.
3. Rawlings Liberty Advanced 13″
The best outfield fastpitch glove
The Rawlings Liberty Advanced glove has an exceptional fit. Not only are the glove’s opening and fingers stalls carefully sized to match a woman’s hand, but the non-slip pull back strap also creates an adjustable, customizable fit.
And, the Rawlings Liberty Advanced glove has a 70% factory fit, so the glove is ready for the big game almost immediately.
Aside from the fit, the Rawlings Liberty Advanced also delivers on long-lasting performance. The strength of these gloves comes from the oil-treated leather and resilient lacings.
For protection, this 13-inch outfield glove utilizes Poron XRD Padding in the palm and finger pads. The pocket of this top fastpitch softball glove for outfielders is extra deep, so you can securely catch every pop fly or line drive hit to your territory.
This glove has a large, H-shape webbing. This is great for tracking balls in the air, especially when you need to battle the sun.
- Very little break-in time needed.
- H-shaped webbing offers great visibility.
- All-leather lacings provide ample durability and strong glove structure.
- Deeper pocket is great for catching, but can make transferring the ball to your throwing hand difficult.
This is arguably the best fastpitch softball glove for playing in the outfield because of its large size and deep pocket. You’ll catch practically anything that you’re able to get to.
4. Wilson A2000 SuperSkin V125 12.5″
One of the most popular fastpitch softball gloves
You can’t have a conversation about the best softball gloves or the best baseball gloves without eventually coming around to the Wilson A2000. These gloves have dominated the games at all levels.
The Wilson A2000 has fastpitch glove models available for all positions and preferences. The 12.5-inch V125 model is great for pitchers because of the closed webbing style that masks your grip on the ball.
The White SuperSkin and Pro Stock leather materials produce a glove that is comfortable, strong and lightweight, all at the same time!
For added comfort, the velcro wrist closure creates a firm and secure grip, so the glove is always where it needs to be. ComfortPro Lining and Dri-Lex Wrist Technology ensures your hand is cool, dry and sweat-free.
- A very versatile glove that suits all players.
- High quality materials ensure a comfortable, light and durable glove.
- Honeycomb padding for reduced glove sting.
- On the higher end of the price spectrum.
- White and light gray leathers dirty quickly.
You don’t need us to tell you that the Wilson A2000 is a good fastpitch softball glove. These are one of the most popular gloves on the market for a reason.
5. Nokona Walnut 12.5″
The best fastpitch glove for pitchers
If you’re looking for high-quality fastpitch softball gloves that will last the longest, then you’re in the right part of our fastpitch glove reviews! One of the big reasons that people love these gloves is Nokona’s Walnut Crunch leather. This special walnut leather is incredibly durable and stable.
Each Nokona Walnut glove is made by hand in the USA. They are meticulously crafted to be the appropriate size for the women athletes that play fastpitch softball. From there, the player can adjust her fit with the velcro wrist strap.
The softball pattern used by Nokona to create the Walnut 12.5-inch fastpitch glove has a deep pocket to effectively catch and field the larger softballs. The glove is also designed to be versatile and usable by players at almost every position.
- Walnut Crunch Leather allows this Nokona fastpitch softball glove to last for many seasons.
- Customizable fit that is made for female softball player hands.
- Versatile design that can be used effectively in the infield or outfield.
- Deep pocket appropriate for softballs.
- Not a true infield or outfield glove.
- Glove is proven to last, but the price may not be manageable by all players.
- Will be incredibly tight fitting on a male fastpitch softball player’s hand.
The Nokona Walnut 12.5-inch glove is not cheap, but its incredible durability means you won’t have to replace it for many seasons.
6. Mizuno Franchise 13″
The best value fastpitch glove for the money
The Mizuno Franchise glove is packed with features and a top-level design that make it a must-include on any list of the top fastpitch softball gloves for women. For example, the Double Hinge Heel and V-Flex Notch make the glove easier to close.
Each Mizuno Franchise is made from a full grain leather shell. This leather is reportedly good at giving players an easy break-in and seasons-long durability. These gloves also feature the Parashock Plus Palm Pad for less sting and better rebound control, when necessary.
These are some of the best fastpitch gloves for pitchers and outfielders. The closed, basket webbing and deep pocket has plenty of catching surface in the outfield and will mask your pitches when you’re on the mound.
- Wide pocket and easy to close glove.
- Parashock Plus Palm Pad reduces sting and improves ball control.
- Fully closed web style limits visibility, especially in the outfield.
- 13-inch glove pattern may be too big for some players.
When it comes to shopping for good, cheap fastpitch softball gloves, a lot of players find themselves buying the Mizuno Franchise because they pack so many features and design elements into a low price.
7. Mizuno Prime Elite 34″
The best fastpitch softball catcher’s mitt
For fastpitch softball catchers, the Mizuno Prime Elite is the right mitt for the job. This 34-inch pattern has an H-shaped webbing and is made from Oil Soft Plus Leather. It’s an excellent balance of exceptional feel with long-lasting durability.
Despite a soft leather, this top-rated fastpitch catcher’s mitt will require breaking in. To help in this process, the finger stalls are shaped to be more flexible, which will help you break-in the leathers quicker.
The mitt secures with a PowerLock Adjustable Wrist Strap. UltraSoft Pro Palm Liner and padding inside the glove offer a comfy, soft feel when receiving pitches. It’s a great experience behind the dish!
Lastly, Perforated Paneling on the back of the pinky and thumb help make those tough plays by eliminating excess weight. This makes it easier to flash the leather when needed. Plus, it’s more breathable.
- Finger stalls shaped for better flexibility and fit.
- Oil Soft Plus Leather has an amazing feel and will last.
- Perforated Paneling removes excess weight for faster movement.
- White leather will dirty quickly, especially behind the plate.
- Requires a longer break-in than other gloves.
If you want the best fastpitch catcher’s mitt, you need the Mizuno Prime Elite 34-inch mitt. It has the materials and features that catcher’s need behind the plate.
8. Mizuno Prospect Finch 11″
The best youth fastpitch glove
The Mizuno Prospect Finch 11-inch glove has tons of features to help youth fastpitch players learn the fundamentals of the game. This glove features PowerClose Technology and Less 2 Lacing to improve flexibility and make the glove easier to close and catch the ball.
To remove painful sting on the hand, this youth fastpitch glove includes the same Parashock Palm Pad that the adult Mizuno models use. For further comfort, moisture wicking technology and ButterSoft liner offer an out of this world feel inside the glove.
The glove itself is built from full grain leather with pigskin backing. These durable materials secure tightly on the player’s hand with a PowerLock Adjustable Wrist Strap.
- PowerClose Technology makes it easier to firmly shut this girls’ fastpitch glove.
- ButterSoft liner feels great and features sweat control.
- Durable leather materials for a youth softball glove.
- Only available with an 11-inch pattern.
- May require some break-in before it’s ready for game time.
The 11-inch Mizuno Prospect Finch is one of the best youth fastpitch softball gloves you can buy. It has an incredibly affordable price, but is loaded with lots of performance-enhancing features. It’s also possibly the best fastpitch glove for small hands.
We hope that this article has been a valuable resource for you and your shopping needs. Again, our goal in creating this article was to connect people with information about buying the best fastpitch softball gloves, while also supplying a wide selection of fastpitch softball gloves reviews for players to mull over.
That said, our reviews are simply our recommendations. Every player is unique and looks for different qualities or factors when shopping for softball mitts and gloves. Thus, we suggest that you also look at gloves not included in our list, as you may find that glass slipper fit that you’re after!
You might also check out our article on the best ways to break in a softball glove.