Welcome to this guide for the best slowpitch softball gloves for 2021. The purpose of this article is to explore slowpitch softball glove reviews to help you find the very best 2021 slowpitch glove for your needs.
Having the right glove on your hand can really make the difference in a softball game! Our list of slowpitch glove reviews include options for all positions and price ranges. And, we give each glove an award, to help you know exactly what each top slowpitch glove is best at.
Here are the best slowpitch softball gloves 2021:
- Wilson A2000 SP13 13-Inch Glove
- Louisville Slugger TPS 13.5-Inch Glove
- Nokona Alpha S-3 First Base Mitt
- Rawlings Renegade First Base Mitt
- Nokona X2 POP 12.5-Inch Glove
- Miken Pro Series 13-Inch Glove
- Easton El Jefe 12.5-Inch Glove
- Easton Blackstone 13-Inch Glove
- Mizuno MVP Prime SE 14-Inch Glove
- Worth XT Extreme 15-Inch Glove
1. Wilson A2000 SP13 13-Inch Glove
Best slowpitch softball infield glove
The Wilson A2000 Series has quickly become the most sought after glove model for baseball, fastpitch softball and slowpitch softball. Wilson has been annually pushing the A2000 to the next level and they work alongside top MLB players to perfect the design.
This Wilson A2000 SP13 model is made from Pro Stock Leather that is known for its superb durability and great feel. The leather undergoes Wilson’s Gap Welting process, which further improves these qualities.
The SuperSkin coating on the backside of the glove pairs exceptionally well with the Pro Stock Leather and creates a water-resistant surface that helps the glove maintain its overall ruggedness. Plus, SuperSkin is exceptionally lightweight for easier maneuvering!
The Single Post Hourglass Web creates a shallow pocket that makes a great men’s softball infield glove. Unfortunately, the price of the Wilson A2000 SP13 is higher than many of the other top slowpitch infield gloves.
What we like (and don’t like) about the Wilson A2000 SP13:
- Pro-inspired design that delivers one of the most popular slowpitch gloves on the market.
- SuperSkin coating improves both the glove’s performance and durability.
- A very high-end price for this glove.
- As one of the most popular models, you may have teammates with the same glove.
While the Wilson A2000 can effectively be used at any position, it is arguably the best slowpitch glove for shortstop because of its size and lightweight design.
2. Louisville Slugger TPS 13.5-Inch Glove
Best slowpitch softball glove for third base
The Louisville Slugger TPS slowpitch softball glove is back in 2021. The 13.5-inch model with dual post webbing is a top men’s slowpitch softball glove in 2021. It’s a great utility glove that is perfect for players that bounce from position to position.
The Louisville Slugger TPS is made from top-shelf premium leather that guarantees long-lasting quality. The secondary features (threads, inserts, laces, etc.) are also made from pro-grade materials.
To achieve a customizable fit, this top softball glove for 2021 uses a drawstring closure that is easy to adjust. Each feature is carefully tested and made with the goal of enhancing performance.
While the TPS is designed as a utility glove, it is arguably the best slowpitch softball glove for third base. The size and webbing is perfect for the hot corner.
What we like (and don’t like) about the LS TPS 13.5-inch glove:
- Quality materials and a design that is suited for almost every position.
- Drawstring closure adjusts easily for a snug fit.
- As a utility glove, the TPS lacks features that help a specific position player excel.
The sturdy dual post web and larger glove pattern makes the Louisville Slugger TPS slowpitch softball a great choice for third base.
3. Nokona Alpha S-3 First Base Mitt
Best slowpitch softball first base mitt
Nokona’s softball gloves are easily the best slowpitch gloves on the market. They use exceptionally high-quality materials and every glove is hand-crafted. The S-3 slowpitch first base mitt is the best product at this position.
It starts with the leather material. Nokona only uses the best leathers and the Alpha S-3 uses premium AmericanKIP and SuperSoft leathers. Together, these materials make for an ultra-durable mitt that is lightweight, which is perfect for a first baseman that needs to quickly flash the leather to make tough picks and other defensive gems.
The glove is approximately 12.5 inches. Nokona doesn’t uses precise numbers because of their hand-crafted quality. It may be a little smaller or larger than this measurement. The mitt has an H web and requires almost no break-in.
What we like (and don’t like) about the Alpha S-3 first base mitt:
- Outstanding leather materials for supreme durability and performance.
- Hand-crafted product from one of the best glove manufacturers in the world.
- An extremely expensive mitt.
- Hand-crafted gloves can have certain irregularities.
The Nokona Alpha S-3 is easily the best mens’ softball first base mitt, as long as you have the budget for it.
4. Rawlings Renegade First Base Mitt
Best budget first base mitt for slowpitch softball
When it comes to affordable slowpitch softball first base mitts, the Rawlings Renegade is a great option. It has the deep pocket and shovel-like mitt design that first base players need to trap, snag and pick all of the quick throws to first.
With a single post, double bar web and smaller, 12.5-inch pattern size, the Renegade is lightweight and offers good visibility.
The Renegade is built from full grain leather that is oil-tanned for an almost full factory break-in. The player break-in is only 20%, so it is practically game ready as soon as you get the glove. Aside from the quality leather design, the lacings are also built to last, which allows the glove to maintain its integrity for longer.
For more durability, the palm of the glove is reinforced with high-density leather, which negates any unpleasant feedback from hard hits or throws.
What we like (and don’t like) about the Rawlings Renegade first base mitt:
- Affordable first base mitt made from quality leather materials.
- Multiple features designed to improve the mitt’s durability.
- Lacks some of the performance-enhancing features of more expensive glove models.
For players on a budget, the Rawlings Renegade is the best slowpitch first base mitt, even though it has a smaller pattern than normal.
5. Nokona X2-7POP 12.5-Inch Glove
Best slowpitch softball glove for outfield
Again, Nokona makes some of the best men’s softball gloves out there. If you’re an outfielder, there is no better men’s outfield softball glove than the X2-7POP. Plus, it has a great red, white and blue design that really stands out on the field.
This highest-rated softball glove features a full trapeze webbing, which allows the 12.5-inch glove (give or take) to open extremely wide. This creates a huge catching surface for any ball hit your way.
With a combination of Nokona’s Stampede Steerhide and Kangaroo leathers, this glove is built to stand the test of time. The kangaroo leather is particularly great because it is extremely lightweight, so it won’t slow an outfielder down.
If you love the authentic, hand-made designs of Nokona, they have other slowpitch gloves that are great for various positions.
What we like (and don’t like) about the Nokona X2-7POP:
- A great combination of performance and durability.
- Full trapeze webbing is ideal for outfielders.
- An extremely expensive slowpitch softball glove.
- 12.5-inch size may be too small for some outfielders’ preferences.
If you have the money, the Nokona X2-7POP is the best slowpitch glove for outfield. And, it looks awesome!
6. Miken Pro Series 13-Inch Glove
Best budget slowpitch softball outfield glove
Miken is known for its potent slowpitch softball bats, but they also make top-rated softball gloves as well. The 13-inch Miken Pro is a cool slowpitch softball glove with a great looking red and white color scheme to stand out on the field.
The Miken Pro has a full-grain leather shell to maintain the structure and shape of the glove. Not only does this extend the glove’s overall lifespan, but it also preserves its performance. The Pro H web further adds strength and performance to the glove, while also offering the fielder some visibility through the webbing.
For comfort and protection, the PORON XRD palm padding does a great job in cushioning the hand and defending against painful sting caused by sharp line drives.
Miken and other slowpitch softball glove reviews suggest this is an outfielder glove.
What we like (and don’t like) about the Miken Pro 13-inch glove:
- Great looking slowpitch outfield glove made from durable leathers.
- PORON XRD palm padding adds comfort and protection.
- Not the cheapest slowpitch softball glove.
- White leather can quickly become dirty.
If you want the best slowpitch glove for outfield play that won’t break the budget, the Miken Pro Series 13-inch glove is a great option.
7. Easton El Jefe 12.5-Inch Glove
Best slowpitch softball glove for utility players
The Easton El Jefe is a new, 2021 slowpitch softball glove. It features a 12.5-inch design and single post webbing, which is great at all positions. Overall, the glove is built for comfort and durability.
First, pro-grade rawhide laces ensure that the pocket and glove structure remain intact for seasons to come. Next, the oiled cowhide palm leather and finger linings create a classic and comfortable feel on any player’s hands.
The remainder of this glove is made from Diamond Pro Steer leather, which gives the 2021 Easton El Jefe glove its sleek look. This leather shell also protects the glove from damage and rough playing conditions.
If the 12.5-inch pattern is too small, the El Jefe is available in larger sizes.
What we like (and don’t like) about the El Jefe 12.5-inch glove:
- Quality leathers and design for a durable, comfortable glove.
- Built to be used all over the diamond.
- A moderate-to-high price that may not suit a casual player.
The 2021 Easton El Jefe 12.5-inch pattern is one of the best softball gloves for men in slowpitch leagues that change positions often.
8. Easton Blackstone 13-Inch Glove
Best budget slowpitch glove for utility players
The 13-inch Easton Blackstone slowpitch glove has a sturdy, H web design and is available for right- and left-handed throwers. With 13 inches of catching surface, the Blackstone is very versatile and can be used all over the diamond.
The glove is largely built from Select Cowhide leather and features a deep pocket that is great for larger slowpitch softballs. The Select Cowhide leather is both durable and feels great. Inside the glove is a supple leather palm lining that further offers a great feel and comfortable wear.
Finally, extra-durable rawhide laces help hold the glove’s shape and pocket structure for longer. These laces are sure to keep your glove durable and long-lasting.
The Easton Blackstone is available in 13.5-inch and 14-inch sizes as well.
What we like (and don’t like) about the Easton Blackstone 13-inch glove:
- An affordable glove with durable Select Cowhide leather.
- 13-inch pattern and H-shaped webbing are great at all positions.
- Lacks some of the quality features and materials of other high-end gloves.
- All-black design doesn’t offer much style or flair to players.
The 2021 Easton Blackstone 13-inch is a good slowpitch glove that can be used at many different positions and is one of the best slowpitch gloves for utility players.
9. Mizuno MVP Prime SE 14-Inch Glove
Most versatile slowpitch softball glove
For players that want performance and looks, the Mizuno MVP Prime SE 14-inch glove is a great option. With many different color options to choose from, you have a good chance of finding a style to fit your personal preferences.
Each Mizuno MVP Prime SE is made from BioSoft leather, this material requires a shorter break-in period than other leathers, while still holding its shape and integrity for seasons to come. Pro-level laces add more stability to the glove and help hold its structure. And, the leathers endure a roll welting process that offers a better looking and feeling glove.
The design of these gloves is very unique for a number of reasons. First, the center of the pocket is carefully sculpted and placed under the player’s index finger. This allows for a more player-unique break-in. Next, the Mizuno MVP Prime SE features PlusGrip Thumb padding technology to extend the traditional protection of the glove for more complete padding protection.
This glove is available in other sizes if necessary.
What we like (and don’t like) about the Mizuno MVP Prime SE glove:
- Unique design features for a more customizable glove.
- BioSoft leather doesn’t require much break-in and performs well.
- Slowpitch glove reviews commonly claim that softer leathers have durability issues.
- Placement of the center pocket may take some adjustment before it feels comfortable.
If you want a top-rated slowpitch glove that also looks great and has a range of options, then the Mizuno MVP Prime SE slowpitch softball glove is an ideal choice.
10. Worth XT Extreme 15-Inch Glove
Best slowpitch glove for players with big hands
The Worth XT Extreme 15-inch slowpitch softball glove is the largest model on our list. The massive 15-inch pattern is great for outfield, especially in leagues that use the larger, 14-inch slowpitch softballs. It’s also the best slowpitch softball glove for big hands.
Aside from being large, this Worth slowpitch glove has a comfortable fit that adjusts and tightens with a pull strap system across the back of the player’s wrist. For added comfort, each finger stall is lined with extra-soft leather.
The high-density cushioning around the palm and index finger creates a protective layer that helps negate potential sting felt from a sharply hit ball. And, the H-shaped webbing is great for tracking pop flies.
What we like (and don’t like) about the Worth XT Extreme 15-inch glove:
- Huge sized glove that is great for players with large hands.
- H web is great for many positions around the field.
- Requires a moderate break-in period before being game-ready.
The Worth XT Extreme 15-inch glove is the best men’s outfield softball glove for men with larger hands.
Finding the best men’s softball glove for your needs comes down to three things: price, position and personal preferences. When you can find a top-rated softball glove that has all of these qualities, then you’ve found the right option.
We’ve done our best to present you with 10 of the best slowpitch softball gloves for 2021 with the hopes that you’ll find an option on this list!