Playing the best golf courses in the world, from the comfort of your own home, what golfer doesn’t want that?
You can avoid queuing at the first tee, take as much time as you want and never play in the rain. That’s right, we are going to take a look at the best home golf simulators available in 2022.
There is no doubt that golf simulators are a premium purchase, but nowadays they are no longer only for the extremely wealthy. Technology has moved on substantially in the last decade and there are now options that could be considered more affordable for the average golfer.
Below we are reviewing the best indoor golf simulators and covering a range of different budgets. Depending on the exact setup and features you want, golf simulators come in a variety of shapes and sizes.
These are the best indoor golf simulators for home:
Foresight Sports Sim-in-a-Box
Premium quality at a reasonable price
If you have been looking into buying a golf simulator then chances are you will have come across Foresight Sports, because they are one of the best and most popular brands on the market.
Their launch monitors are one of the closest rivals to Trackman and are used by several Tour Pros, so you know that you are going to get accurate data. Perfect if you are looking to improve your game.
Foresight’s new Sim-in-a-Box packages offer a build-it-yourself golf simulator that comes in a single box.
If you are on a tighter budget then the cheapest option is the “Net” Par Package at just under $10,000, which comes with the GC3 launch monitor, net return, hitting strip, FSX simulation software and 20 of the best golf courses in the world.
The Albatross Package is the most expensive at $34,000, which buys you an upgraded GCHawk launch monitor, a full simulator setup, a gaming-optimized desktop computer and more fun games to play.
Regardless of the package you choose, Foresight Sports Sim-in-a-Box offers a premium quality golf simulator experience at a great price.
- Superb accuracy from all the GC3, GCQuad and GCHawk launch monitors.
- Excellent range of quality courses even in the cheapest packages.
- FSX 2020 software has great graphics and plenty of fun games.
- Good value packages available given the quality of the products used.
- Packages do not let you swap around with your individual requirements.
Full Swing Pro Series
The simulator in the home of Tiger Woods
If a golf simulator is good enough to make it into the home of Tiger Woods, then it is going to be pretty impressive.
Starting at around $55,000 for the Pro Series it is certainly not cheap, but you can definitely see why it is the most used golf simulator in the homes of PGA Tour golfers.
It uses patented infrared combined with a ION3 camera to show you your golf shot in real-time as it hits the screen for an incredibly realistic ball flight experience.
When you purchase the Full Swing Pro Series you get the full simulator setup made from high-quality materials, including a solid wood enclosure and platform and an extensive golf course library including over 90 exceptional courses.
Another cool feature is that the simulator can be used for up to 13 different types of sports for a multi-purpose gaming experience that is perfect for using with your friends and family.
- Realistic and accurate ball flight really enhances the overall experience.
- Wide range of world class courses to choose from.
- Variety of games creates more flexible simulator usage.
- Premium quality throughout.
- Unsurprisingly comes with premium price tag.
- Requires more space than many other home simulators.
OptiShot Golf in a Box
Simulator bundle under $1,000
The OptiShot Golf in a Box packages are perfect for golfers that are looking to find a home golf simulator for the cheapest possible deal.
The OptiShot 2 launch monitor itself only costs $450, so you can easily add in a golf net and hitting mat whilst still keeping your total under $1,000. Given that OptiShot is a trusted and well-known golf simulator brand, you will struggle to find a more cost-effective option.
One of the best things about the OptiShot Golf in a Box bundles is that they are incredibly simple to set up and can easily be quickly packed away if needed.
The launch monitor uses infrared technology to measure the club speed, face angle, club path and total distance. You can pay extra to get a projector and impact screen, or choose to keep the cost down by syncing it with your laptop or tablet.
The results are not going to be as accurate as more premium launch monitors or simulators, but for the cost it does all the basics that you will need to play golf at home.
- Easy to set up and get started quickly.
- Reasonable distance accuracy, especially with irons.
- Low cost will be ideal if you are looking for a fun entry-level simulator.
- Plenty of good courses available.
- Does not measure golf ball data and only tracks your swing.
- Data does not stack up too well against more premium models for serious golfers.
High-end immersive experience
Golfers with a larger budget looking for the ultimate stay-at-home golf experience should take a look at the aboutGolf Curve simulator.
An experienced installation crew will design the simulator to fit into your unique space requirements and the HD curved screen also allow for picture-in-picture streaming and integrated video recording. That means you can golf whilst watching your favorite sports team play and then review the footage to analyze your swing afterwards.
It is a seriously impressive golf simulator, but with prices starting from $63,000 it is definitely one of the most premium on the market.
The 3Trak technology measures golf shots with precision and there is little that the aboutGolf system cannot analyze. You can see accurate shot data for each of your clubs and even look at your footwork using Balance Pro.
Serious golfers can definitely take their practice to the next level using an aG Curve simulator. Outside of golf there are plenty of fun video games and it also makes for an amazing home theatre.
- Fitted for you to create the perfect simulator area.
- Picture-in-picture screen allows you to multitask, so no excuse for not practicing.
- Level of detail in the analysis is incredible for you to work on every element of your game.
- Precise results and unrivalled graphics.
- One of the most expensive golf simulators on the market and still has plenty of add-ons that cost even more money.
FlightScope Mevo Plus Flex Space
The best value launch monitor package
The FlightScope Mevo Plus launch monitor offers incredible accuracy with in-depth analysis that covers every piece of data you could possibly want about your golf shots.
Bryson DeChambeau, known for his scientific and analytical approach to golf, is one of the PGA Pros marketing the Mevo Plus, so it is perhaps no surprise how detailed it is.
By itself, the Mevo Plus is not a simulator, so you will need to pair it with a golf mat, net and projector or laptop.
The Indoor Golf Shop has plenty of simulator packages available, but we have chosen the Flex Space setup.
You get a golf mat and projector, plus it features a retractable screen that can be put away with the click of a button. Perfect for golfers that cannot keep their simulator up 24/7.
You get five quality golf courses, seventeen practice ranges and a darts game with the Mevo Plus software.
- One of the most accurate launch monitors on the market.
- Small and lightweight compared to some launch monitors perfect for indoor and outdoor.
- Gives you an impressive amount of data with every club.
- Great value for money versus more premium alternatives.
- You do need small metallic stickers on your balls indoor to record spin data.
TrackMan Virtual Golf 2
The best home simulator money can buy
If you are the type of golfer that only wants the very best equipment, then you will want TrackMan’s latest Virtual Golf 2 simulator.
It used the TrackMan 4 launch monitor, which is the choice for the majority of PGA Tour golfers. Your shots are recorded with unmatched accuracy and you will get more insight into your game than any other package.
It is probably unsurprising that they are one of the most expensive brands on the market, but you definitely get what you pay for here.
Virtual Golf 2 is a customized simulator solution, so you need to get a quote directly from TrackMan with your requirements, but prices start around $44,000.
They will then build the simulator for your unique space and you can trust that with TrackMan it will be only the best quality from the hitting mat to the projector screen.
The graphics look impressive and there are plenty of Tour golf courses to choose from that are constantly being added to.
If you want to practice like a professional golfer, this might be as close as you can get.
- As precise as it gets when it comes to measuring golf shot data.
- A.I. Bot ‘Tracy’ offers you personalized and informative analysis.
- Fun practice games make training more enjoyable for all standards.
- Compete in online tournaments against huge database of other TrackMan users.
- Requires a bit more space for effective usage than some launch monitors.
- One of the most expensive options available.
There we have it, that is our list of the best indoor golf simulators that you could have in your home in 2022.
The technology and realism in modern golf simulators is incredible and with options available for all different budgets and standards there should be a golf simulator there for every golfer.
Still unsure about whether you should invest in a golf simulator? Take a look at our article about the cost of golf simulators and whether they are worth the money.