Longboards have become synonymous with freedom. Cruising down your local streets as you ride atop the best longboards for cruising is an unbeatable feeling. The board under your feet is the main culprit behind this tremendous experience.
Want to capture that feeling yourself? You’re in the right place because this article looks at the best longboards for cruising available in 2022. This list gives you a review of each board and helps you find the perfect feeling of freedom with a high-quality longboard for cruising.
These are the best cruising longboards to buy in 2022:
1. Quest Super Cruiser
The overall best longboard for cruising
The Quest Super Cruiser is a versatile longboard for any age and skill-level. The 44-inch plywood deck is made from bamboo and maple wood, making it the perfect balance between flexible and stiff, while staying durable.
Because it is built with quality materials, this is a longboard you can buy when you start out and will still have many years down the road without having to worry about the quality decreasing.
- The perfect balance between flexibility and stiffness.
- Good value for money.
- Easy to ride for any skill level.
- Made with quality and durable materials.
- The 44-inch deck makes it easier to control and suitable for all body shapes.
- Kick nose and tail offer superb grip.
- Excellent turning capabilities.
- Awesome finish.
- A bit heavier than other boards.
- Can be a little tricky for beginners.
No matter what your skill-level is, if you are looking for a cruiser that will last a lifetime and will always perform, the Quest Super Cruiser is the one for you. It is money well spent and you will not regret picking this top-rated longboard.
2. Atom 39″ Pin-Tail
The best cruiser for beginners
The Atom Pin-Tail Longboard is a top choice for beginners thanks to its classical shape and excellent grip, which makes it easy to ride and control.
The deck is 39 inches long – an ideal size for the best longboard for beginners. It is stable enough to ride even on downhill cruises and still be in control. This might not be suitable for experienced riders who prefer fast riding and sharp turning.
- Easy to learn and to ride, making it awesome for beginners.
- The maple deck is sturdy and long lasting.
- Soft wood material allows for optimal flexing.
- The grip tape is strong and will hold your stance in any weather.
- Lightweight and easy to carry.
- Easy to control.
- Potential for wheel bite if turning too tight.
- Manuals are not easy.
Learning to cruise on the Atom Pin-Tail Longboard will set you up for a great career longboarding. The easy riding, stable deck will help you learn quickly. You’ll find that you get comfortable getting around on this board in no time.
3. Playshion 39″ Drop Through Freestyle
The best cruising longboard on a budget
The Playshion Drop Through Freestyle cruiser is a 39-inch, low riding longboard that is easy to maneuver, even for beginners.
The strong, 8-ply maple deck can hold substantial weights and still, somehow, remains flexible and easy to turn. This sharp curving capability is helped further by the drop through truck design and smooth riding wheels and bearings. It’s an all-around great ride!
- The deck is sturdy and durable.
- Ready to cruise straight out of the box.
- Low riding for added stability.
- Handles turns and carving with ease.
- Great aesthetics.
- Easy to master and ride.
- Trucks make a bit of noise.
The Playshion Drop Through Freestyle longboard is ideal for those who are working on a budget but still want a quality board. You can cruise or freestyle with ease thanks to this longboard’s design.
For those of you not familiar with the brand, Playshion is one of the best longboard manufacturers on the market right now.
4. Santa Cruz Land Shark
The best short cruiser
Being only 27.7-inch long, the Santa Cruz Land Shark is the shortest longboard on this list. Even if you are new to longboarding you have more than likely heard of Santa Cruz. They are one of the oldest board makers still active today.
This longboard is a reminder of those 1980’s styles. With a kicktail for excellent tricks, the size of this board makes it ideal for turning tight corners without any wheel bite, while still cruising incredibly smoothly.
- Ready to cruise out of the box.
- Excellent board, smooth and sturdy.
- The deck is surprisingly strong.
- Comes with a bottle opener under the deck, accompanied by Santa Cruz stylish design.
- Great balance for superb turning.
- Excellent kicktail and nose.
- The wheels can be a little tight.
- You’re paying extra for the Santa Cruz brand name.
The Land Shark is the best cruiser longboard from a household name in skating. If you want to cruise, but carve with ease, then Santa Cruz Land Shark is the one for you.
5. Sector 9 Fractal Longboard
One of the most popular options on the market
The Sector 9 Fractal complete longboard is on many lists like this one, and for good reason. First, it’s one of the most popular longboards and can be found at many locations. Second, it has 9-inch Gullwing Sidewinder trucks with a wider wheelbase to provide a smooth, stable cruise.
Despite the wider trucks, you can still make some pretty impressive turns with this model. Plus, the 8-ply maple wood and CNC drop mounting makes for an impressive overall design.
- It has a smooth ride.
- Widely available.
- Good-quality trucks and bearings.
- The shock absorption is good thanks to durable maple wood.
- Sturdy and solid deck.
- Good popular choice for beginners.
- The trucks and bearings will need replacing.
- Adjustments needed for better turning.
The Sector 9 Fractal longboard is a great purchase for anyone who is looking to pick up a new sport or hobby and enjoy a good summer. It doesn’t require any skill level to jump on this top cruising longboard. You can enjoy riding around your town with ease. Unfortunately, it does have a slightly higher price tag.
6. Volador 42-Inch Freeride/Cruiser
The best eco-friendly longboard
We live in an age where looking after the environment is extremely important. You already are helping by cruising everywhere instead of driving, but if you are looking to help even more, try out the Volador 42-inch cruiser. It is made using an eco-friendly epoxy to hold the maple deck together.
But this board is more than a cruiser. You can use it to freeride, downhill and board-walking. You will feel limited speed wobble going downhill with the Volador.
- High quality and very well made.
- Plenty of standing space for control and to monitor the board.
- Good flex and shock absorption.
- Long-lasting and durable.
- Ideal for heavier riders.
- Perfect for board-walking and downhill riding too.
- Good turning capabilities.
- Bearings could be better quality.
If you are looking for a longboard that is capable of doing more than just cruising, the Volador is your choice. Money well spent if you live at the top of the hill!
7. Retrospec Zed 44″
The best classical cruiser
The Retrospect Zed is a classic 44-inch longboard. You can also choose a cruiser model with a flatter tail. The board is flexible but sturdy thanks to 8 layers of maple. This board is excellent for cruising and straight-line speed, but it will be outmaneuvered by smaller boards.
The Retrospec Zed is also noteworthy for its incredibly low price. At this cost, you still get a quality, smooth cruiser under your feet. The simple graphics make it easy to be liked by everyone. If you want a classic cruiser, this is the one for you.
- Easy to ride due to its stability.
- Expert and delicate craftsmanship.
- Smooth riding.
- Awesome and solid design.
- High-quality trucks and bearing.
- Ideal for cruising and hills.
- Very little aesthetics.
This longboard will have you feeling free as you cruise down your local boulevard. At the low price of the Retrospec Zed, you will never regret a purchase.
8. Yocaher Drop Through Longboard
The best eye-catcher
The Yocaher Drop Through Longboard will definitely catch your eye, and anyone who looks at the board for more than two seconds, thanks to the stunning graphics depicting the vintage Cali surf scene.
But this longboard isn’t only about good looks. It knows how to perform too. Experienced riders will be happy to know that it is ready to use straight out of the box and doesn’t need any modifications. That is also a bonus for newbies too, as it doesn’t require you to know anything about setting up your own longboard.
- Shipping is fast.
- Amazing graphics.
- Easy to ride.
- The deck is flexible, durable and stable.
- Trucks made for carving and sharp curves.
- The wheels run smooth with superb grip.
- Ample turn radius for long, sweeping curves.
- The bearings could do with an upgrade.
So, if you are looking for a conversational starter piece, the Yocaher Drop Through Longboard is awesome for that. But it is so much more, offering you top performance straight out of the box.
Besides shape and size, there are tons of other factors to consider when looking at buying a top cruising longboard. Things like wheels, bearings, trucks and flex all come into play. But those are aspects for a later article. All you really need to know about those kind of things that, if they are bad to start, they will not get any better with age.
That is one important thing to remember when buying a complete longboard. You get what you pay for. While there may be some great value for money boards around, the majority of times if you buy a cheap longboard, it will not be as good as a more expensive board. This is because high-quality products are not easy to come by. So, if you want a longboard that is the best and that will last you for a long time, you need to invest.
Now you know all the basics, you know which longboards are the best for cruising in 2022, it is your turn to get out there and start enjoying your freedom.